~ by Chef Dennis of Health Solutions Unlimited
Beef, Vegetable & Rice Casserole
Cookware: Electric skillet or 11" skillet
1 pound ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup long grain rice
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 medium ripe tomato
1 cup broccoli florets
1 stalk celery
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup yellow squash
1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
1/2 cup zucchini, diced
1/2 medium green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 16 oz. canned crushed tomatoes
Heat large skillet covered over medium-high heat until water beads.
Uncover skillet, add ground beef and onions and stir until lightly browned.
Spread rice evenly over the ground beef.
Add remaining chopped fresh vegetables, layering each vegetable.
Add the frozen peas and frozen corn with the canned crushed tomatoes.
Cover until vapor escape or whistle sounds (15-20 minutes).
Uncover and stir thoroughly.
Cover skillet, turn off heat and let stand for 3-5 minutes.
Serve from pan.
Health Solutions Unlimited Style Pizza
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pkg. pizza dough (Sav-a-Lot)
- 4 tablespoons spaghetti sauce
- 2 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz. cheddar cheese
- parmesan cheese
1. Mix dough following package directions. Coat the bottom and sides of the COLD electric skillet with olive oil.
2. Press out dough in the bottom of the electric skillet. Use a small amount of flour if needed.
3. Spread 4 tablespoons of spaghetti sauce on the dough. Then add the mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and pepperoni.
4. Cook at 300°F for 15 minutes with the dome cover on.
5. Remove carefully with 2 spatulas. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, cut and serve.
Healthy Tossed Salad
- 1 large head lettuce
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium cucumber
- 4-5 radishes
Wash the lettuce, drain, and remove the core. Break lettuce up into small bite-size pieces and place into a bowl.
Use the Ultra Tech Food Cutter with Cone #4 (slicing cone) to slice the radishes.
Cut ends off the onion and cut the onion in half, leaving the skin on. Use Cone #2 (stringer cone) with the onion placed skin side up and cut the onion.
Use Cone #2 for the celery also. Be sure to place the rib side of the celery facing the back of the cutter. Throw celery strings away.
Use Cone #5 to slice the cucumber.
Use the Waffle Cone to shred the carrot, use #1 for shredding carrot.
Toss salad and serve immediately.
*Note* This salad makes its own dressing. Adding a dressing is optional but it does add fat, salt, and sugar to your diet.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
**Ultra Tech Electric Skillet** Preheat to 300°F
- 1 yellow cake mix (without pudding)
- 2 eggs
- 1 20 oz. can unsweetened, sliced pineapple. Strain and reserve juice.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- 15 maraschino cherries
Preheat Ultra Tech electric skillet to 300°F with the cover on.
Mix the cake mix and the juice from the canned pineapples by hand with a whisk in a mixing bowl.
Add eggs and mix until smooth.
Melt butter, add brown sugar to the bottom of the electric skillet and quickly add pineapple slices and place cherries in the middle of the rings. Pour batter over the pineapple rings and cover skillet.
Bake for 6 minutes.
Turn upside down immediately onto a 12" plate.
Let cool for about 20 minutes.
Slice and serve.
Seasoned Sauteed Okra
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cut okra
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (divided)
- 1 cup chopped onions (divided)
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Sipp's Savory Seasoning Mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat saute skillet with 1/2 of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add okra and onions. Add Sipp's Seasoning Mix, and stir until lightly browned. Add the remainder of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Sipp's Savory Chili
Use a 5 qt. & a 6 qt. Ultra Tech II Pans for this recipe
3/4 cup dry kidney beans
4 cups filtered water
1 cup long grain rice
1 pound ground beef
3/4 cup salsa (Aldi's)
1 10 oz. can tomato soup
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp. brown sugar or honey
1 packet of Sipp's Chili Spice*
1 large onion, diced
3 Tbsp. hot sauce
2 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
1 14 oz. can of stewed tomatoes
1 12 oz. can tomato paste
1/2 jar (13 oz.) spaghetti sauce (Aldi's)
1 cup ketchup
1. Add dry kidney beans to 5 qt. Ultra Tech II pan, add water and cover the pan with the valve set to the open position. 2. Turn heat to high until pan begins to whistle.
3. Close valve and turn to low.
4. Cook additional 45 minutes or until beans are tender.
5. Add rice, stir and cover with the valve open.
6. Turn heat to high, set the whistle to open and when it begins to whistle close the valve and turn off the heat, remove from burner and let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
7. Preheat 6 qt. Ultra Tech II pan with cover removed on medium heat until pan is hot (water beads)
8. Add ground beef, onions, garlic. Mix and stir until browned.
9. Add Sipp's Savory Chili Mix*, stirring until mixed.
10. Turn to low heat and add the following: hot sauce, ketchup, salsa, tomato sauce tomato soup, stewed tomatoes, diced tomatoes tomato paste, brown sugar or honey, spaghetti sauce.
Mix ingredients thoroughly and turn heat to medium. Cover pan with the valve open, then remove the cover when it whistles. Add rice and beans from the 5 qt. pan to the 6-quart pan, then mix and simmer for 15 min.
Serves 12 -16
* Available from Health Solutions Unlimited
*** Results May Vary in other Cookware***
Tomatoes and Watermelon Salad
4 cups cubed watermelon
4 ripe tomatoes cut into cubes
Sea salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup Italian Dressing
(Substitution: 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar and 3/4 cup olive oil blended well)
Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together well. Season to taste.
Turkey Sausage, Vegetable & Rice Medley
Cookware needed: Electric skillet or 11" skillet.
- 1 Turkey Sausage Link (16 oz.)
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup yellow squash
- 1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 16 oz. canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup long grain rice
Heat large skillet, covered, over medium-high until water beads. Uncover skillet, add ground beef and onions. Stir until lightly browned. Spread rice over beef. Add remaining chopped vegetables, layering each. Add frozen peas and corn with the crushed tomatoes. Cover till vapor escape or whistle sounds (15-20 minutes). Uncover and stir thoroughly. Cover, turn off heat and let stand for 3-5 minutes. Serve from pan.